We still need each other! Deck parties are our new summer groups to help us maintain community. Here are more details:
- Ideally, groups would meet each week, at least until Labor Day.
- Groups may meet on decks, on porches, in driveways, inside in a living room, on a boat, at a park, at a restaurant or online.
- Some groups are kid-friendly while others are only for adults.
- Groups that are kid-friendly may choose to have parents responsible for their own children, bring in a sitter to watch all the children, allow the kids to play outside within sight, etc.
- Groups can be co-ed, men only, women only.
- Each week, the facilitator will receive discussion questions to spur spiritual conversation, but it won't be a deep Bible study (unless the group chooses to do that).
- Each group will choose how it wants to handle food (no food at all, rotate bringing a snack for the group to share, everyone brings his own food for himself, etc.)
- Invite your friends, neighbors and co-workers! It's not just for ChristWay; it's for our community!
If you are interested in hosting or facilitating one of these groups for the rest of the summer, email us at email@example.com.
As we continue to form groups, we will be updating our listing of deck parties. Can't find one that works for you? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance or consider hosting your own, but let us know so we can support you in that.