Love is why we want to love our community well by gathering online for the next few weeks. We aren't being fearful; we're being responsible! While we fully believe in the blessing of gathering in community, we also know that we need to be wise in protecting others and following the mandates of those in authority. The good news is that we have the opportunity to:
- Lead our families as we all grow together in our relationship with Jesus
- Share the hope and peace that we know in Christ in the midst of rising anxiety
- Rejoice as we know that God is in control
We will livestream our worship service via Facebook Live at 9:15 on Sunday morning until we know it's safe to resume gathering together in our building. If you are not on Facebook, the message will be posted here to our website later on Sunday afternoon as well as to our newly formed YouTube channel.
Teaching for the week of March 29 for Children in the Big Wahoo (Birth-Pre-K)
Teaching for the Week of March 22 for Children in the TreeHouse (Kindergarten-3rd Grade)
Teaching for the week of March 22 for Children in the Escape (4th-5th Grade)
For links to the teaching for March 22 and for more helpful resources, check out our ChristWayK!DS page.
CHRISTWAY STUDENT MINISTRY
Middle and High School Students will gather digitally on Wednesdays at 5:30:
5:30 Instagram Live Games & Challenges
5:40 Message on Instagram TV & YouTube
5:50 Questions for Discussion on Instagram Story
GroupMe Chat with Student LifeGroup Leaders
- Even if your student does not have a cell phone or an Instagram account, he or she can still be part of the message via YouTube and GroupMe online.
- Here are the links: ChristWay Student Instagram / ChristWay YouTube Channel
- If you need to be placed into a LifeGroup GroupMe, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, age, gender and phone number, and we'll get you plugged in.
Maintaining community in a time of social distancing is crucial!
- If your group is 10 or less and you want to get together, please do so with no pressure that everyone attend.
- Groups are also encouraged to meet together virtually. Each group can determine what works best for the members (Facebook Group, Zoom, Google Meet, GroupMe, etc.).
- If you have not already been part of a group but wish to join one online, please go here to find a group to join. If you need further assistance, please contact us at email@example.com.
LOVE IS WHY IN OUR COMMUNITY
Please continue to demonstrate the message of "Love Is Why" to your neighbors, local businesses, medical personnel and first responders, and our community. If you need a "Love is Why" sign or more business cards to distribute, they'll be available on our porch near the office doors so you can grab and go. Here are some specific ways you can help:
- ChristWay is partnering with Amedysis Home Health Care and Benchmark Physical Therapy to provide food to seniors who cannot go to the store. Please donate non-perishable food items (but not sweets), and drop off your donation at:
Amedysis at 7205 Lee Highway, Suite B, Chattanooga, TN
Benchmark Physical Therapy at 3575 Keith Street, NW, Suit, 205, Cleveland, TN
- City of Chattanooga Virtual Phone Bank: Help older adults be aware of what is happening with the COVID-19 and see if they have needs. Most seniors feel isolated and alone and many don't have internet. Getting a phone call says to them "I care." All you need is a computer, Internet access and a phone. You can do this anytime you choose! Go to: https://connect.chattanooga.gov/covid/phonebank/
Help provide food to 4,000 low income children through Hamilton County Schools Food Delivery Program:
- Loan your large ice chest to help with this feeding program. Place your name and phone number on your cooler, and drop it at our main entrance near the bistro or leave it at Ooltewah Elementary School, behind the building, between 10 AM and 3 PM.
- Ooltewah Elementary on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays between 9-11 AM (to help sort, prepare and load) and 10 AM-1 PM (to assist bus drivers with handing out food at bus stops)
- Hardy Elementary Food Prep: Tuesday and Thursday, 9 AM-1 PM.
Unfortunately, children are not able to participate. Volunteers MUST register in advance using this link: https://signup.com/group/305249152049
Chattanooga Room in the Inn
Help women transitioning out of homelessness by providing daytime childcare. Please contact Beth Granbetry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Caring Place in Cleveland
The Caring Place needs help serving clients Tuesday through Friday, 9 AM-12 PM and Tuesday evenings, 5-7 PM. You will need to fill out a volunteer application on their website at thecaringplaceonline.org. You will then be contacted to schedule a day and time to serve.
Find someone without Internet service and provide it for them so they can job search or order groceries online.
Donate an old computer to someone in need so they can purchase online groceries.
Continue to pay domestic help their salary even if they are not still working for you.
Use grocery home delivery services and keep someone employed while you social distance. It's a Win-Win.
Find a senior who needs help getting groceries and assist them.
Go to your neighbors and ask how they are. (Remember to stand outside and 6 feet away.)
- Offer to keep someone's child in your home so they can work.
- Send medical professionals a card thanking them for what they are continuing to do under such dire circumstances.